- Deputy Director, CoLEAD– Present
- Associate Professor– Present
- Deputy Programme Director, SIT BEng (Hons) Information and Communications Technology (Software Engineering)–
- Assistant Professor–
- PhD (Computer Engineering)University of New South Wales , Australia
- BSc (Electrical Engineering)Technion - Israel Institute of Technology , Israel
- Runner up, Dean’s Award for excellence in research 2008, Faculty of Engineering, University of New South Wales
- Australian Postgraduate Award Scholarship, University of New South Wales–
- School of Computer Science and Engineering Postgraduate Scholarship Top Up, University of New South Wales–
- Dean’s Award for excellence, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology (1994, 1998)–
- Consultancies for major companies in Hardware Design on Hardware Design Verification–
- SAP implementation for Higher Education institution–
- Research and Development of Combat Systems for the Israeli Navy–
Use of Formal Methods for Automation of Design Processes
Karin Avnit, Arcot Sowmya: ”ACS: a tool for automatic synthesis of protocol converters”, in TACAS (Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems) 2010.
Nevat, Ido; Yang, Tau; Avnit, Karin; Yuan, Jinhong, ”Power Equality Constraint Least Square Detection in MIMO systems with High-level Modulations”,IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies , 2010, 59(7).
Avnit, Karin; D’Silva, Vijay; Sowmya, Arcot; Ramesh, S.; Parameswaran, Sri, “Provably Correct On-Chip Communication: A Formal Approach to Automatic Protocol Converter Synthesis”, ACM TODAES (Transactions On Design Automation of Electronic Systems) 14, 2 (Mar. 2009), 1-41.
Avnit, Karin; Sowmya, Arcot, “A Formal Approach To Design Space Exploration Of Protocol converters”, in DATE (Design, Automation and Test in Europe), 2009.
Avnit, Karin; D’Silva, Vijay; Sowmya, Arcot; Ramesh, S.; Parameswaran, Sri, “A Formal Approach To The Protocol Converter Problem”, in DATE (Design, Automation and Test in Europe), 2008. pp.294-299, 10-14 March 2008.
Avnit, Karin; D’Silva, Vijay; Sowmya, Arcot; Ramesh, S.; Parameswaran, Sri, “Protocol Compatibility and Automatic Converter Synthesis”, Technical Report 0718, UNSW, Australia, August 2007.
Avnit, Karin; Sowmya, Arcot; Parameswaran, “Provably Correct Automatic converter Synthesis” DAC (Design Automation Conference) 2009 University Booth presentation.