Dr Indri Atmosukarto is an Associate Professor at the Singapore Institute of Technology. She is currently the Deputy Cluster Director of the InfoComm Technology (ICT) cluster. Indri is a member of the SIT Data Science and AI Lab (DSAIL) and the SIT Systems Section (S3) . Prior to joining SIT, Indri was a Research Scientist at the Advanced Digital Sciences Center (ADSC) leading the 'Semantic Analysis of Video' project. Indri holds a PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Washington, and was a Postdoctoral Senior Fellow working at the Seattle Children's Research Institute. Indri is a Senior Member of IEEE and has been the principle investigator of several research projects in SIT. Her research interest are in computer vision, machine learning/deep learning, and medical imaging.
- Deputy Cluster Director, Infocomm Technology– Present
- Associate Professor– Present
- Deputy Programme Director, SIT BEng (Hons) Telematics–
- Assistant Professor–
- PhD (Computer Science)University of Washington , United States
- Master's of Science (Computer Science)University of Washington , United States
- Master's of Science (Computer Science)National University of Singapore , Singapore
- Bachelor of Science (1st Class Hons) Computer ScienceNational University of Singapore , Singapore
- Best Oral Presentation. International Conference on Communications, Circuits, and Systems (ICCCAS)
- Best Presentation Award, IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Education (TALE)
- Best Oral Presentation, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Engineering (ICITE)
- Project finalist of the 5th Asia Pacific Eldercare Innovation Awards - Heel Raise project
- Paper finalist for Evolution of Sports competition, MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference
- Best paper award, CVPR Workshop
- Best paper award, MICCAI workshop
- Google Award: Google Workshop for Women Engineers (Presenter)
- Graduate Assistantship, University of Washington–
- Runner-up project exhibition, School of Computing, National University of Singapore
- Graduate Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
- Sembawang Corporation and Singapore Technologies Scholarship for undergraduate studies in Singapore
- Lim Boon Seng Book Prize, best student in Computer Science
- Dean's List in School Of Computing, National University of Singapore–
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Member, IEEE Women In Engineering
- Reviewer for CVPR, ECCV, ACCV, ICPR, ICIP
Computer Vision; Video Analytics; Image Processing
Machine Learning; Deep Learning
MedTech, Medical Imaging
- Holistic Moving Target Defence for Autonomous Driving Perception– Present
co-PI, AI.SG Grand Challenge in Robust AI. Collaborators: NTU
- LEARN: Language automated Evaluation by generating Answers / Questions from caRtooNs– Present
co-PI, AI.SG Grand Challenge in Education Funding Scheme. Collaborators: NIE, ConveGenius
- Real-time Risk Assessment Assistance for Cooperative Mode (ReRac) using V2X for Vehicles and Pedestrian in Urban Conditions– Present
co-PI, LTA UMGC Grant. Partners: University of Glasgow Singapore, MooVita Pte. Ltd, SMRT Frontiers Pte. Ltd.
- Machine Learning-mediated immediacy for Synchronous Communication in Online Classrooms–
co-PI, MOE Tertiary Research Fund (TRF) Grant
- Machine Learning for classification of defects in Integrated Circuits–
co-PI, SIT Ignition Grant. Industry partner: Infineon
- Improving Operational Processes with Video Analytics–
co-PI, SIT Seed Grant. Industry partner: Hitachi
- Virtual lab-based evaluation of mobility environment to improve first/last mile connections–
co-PI, LTA Sustainable Singapore Blueprint (SSB) Grant
- Online Financial Tool for Holistic Evaluation of Innovation Project–
co-PI, SIT SALT Grant
- Video Analytics for Crowd Estimation in Train and Passenger Boarding–
Lead PI, SIT Ignition Grant. Industry partner: SBST-LTA
- Video and Sensor Based Hybrid Technology for Intelligent Parking Management System–
co-PI, SIT Ignition Grant. Industry partner: Kenetics Innovations
- Face Detection, Tracking and Masking for Privacy–
Lead PI, SIT Ignition Grant. Industry partner: ST Infocomm
- Heel Raise Measurement Device for Plantarflexion Physiotherapy (Software)–
Lead PI, SIT Ignition Grant. Industry partner: KWSH
- Inventor for provisional patent “Video Analysis Based on Sparse Registration and Multiple Domain Tracking”–
(US Provisional Patent Application: Serial No. 61/614,146, filed March 22, 2012)
- Wee Kheng Leow, Zhiyong Huang, Luping Zhou, and Indriyati Atmosukarto. Frontier Advancing Polygonization–
Inventor for patent publication No. US-2003-0063085-A1, 3 April 2003
I. Atmosukarto, L. G. Shapiro. 3D Object Retrieval using Salient Views. In International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval, 2012.
I. Atmosukarto, L. G. Shapiro, J. R. Starr, C. L. Heike, B. Collett, M. L. Cunningham, M. L. Speltz. 3D Head Shape Quantification for Infants with and without Deformational Plagiocephaly. In The Cleft-Palate Craniofacial Journal July; 47(4): 368–377,2010.
I. Atmosukarto , K. Wilamowska, C. Heike, L. G. Shapiro. 3D Object Classification using Salient Point Patterns With Application to Craniofacial Research. In Pattern Recognition, 43(4), pp.1502-1517, 2010.
M. Rajendran, CT Tan, I. Atmosukarto, AB Ng, A Grant, E Cameracci, S See. Exploring Domain Randomization's Effect on Synthetic Data for Activity Detection. In IEEE International Conference on Metaverse Computing, Networking and Applications (IEEE MetaCom), 2023; DOI:10.1109/MetaCom57706.2023.00037.
Megani Rajendran, Chek Tien Tan, Indriyati Atmosukarto, Aik Beng Ng, Simon See. Towards a HOI application for digital home assistants.In 2022 IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality Adjunct (ISMAR-Adjunct), pg. 942-945, 2022.
T. H. Lur, I. Atmosukarto. Video Analytics in Train Cabin using Deep Learning. In IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Engineering (ICITE), 2019
CG. Goh, J. Chua, WH Lim, I. Atmosukarto. Image Analytics for Train Crowd Estimation. In IEEE International Conference on Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications (DICTA) , 2018.
J. Varadarajan, I. Atmosukarto, B. Ghanem, S. Ahuja, N. Ahuja. Automatic Playbook Generation in Football through Video. In MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, 2014.
I.Atmosukarto, B. Ghanem, S. Ahuja, K. Muthuswamy, N. Ahuja. Automatic Recognition of Offensive Team Formation in American Football Plays. In IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition Workshops (CVSports), 2013.
E. Mergan, I. Atmosukarto, J. Wu, S. Liang, and L. Shapiro, Craniofacial Image Analysis. In Comprehensive Health Monitoring and Personalized Feedback using Multimedia Data, Springer, 2015.
Information and Communications Technology (Software Engineering), BEng (Hons)
- ICT2106 - Software Design
- ICT2101 - Introduction to Software Engineering
- UoG CS introduction to C Programming (Bridging Course)
- ICT1006 ICT In Organization
- ICT1009 Object Oriented Programming
- ICT2103 Information Management
- TUM CE1202 Information Technology 2
- UoG CS Professional Software Development (PSDH)
- UoG CS Team Project (TP3)
- TLM1008 Object Oriented Programming
- TLM3004 - Systems and Software Engineering (5326)
- CSC1001 - Introduction to Computing (15806)
- TLM2004 - Database and Information System (5271)
- ICT1001 - Introduction to ICT (3066)