- Associate Professor– Present
- Assistant Provost (Continuous Learning)–
- Deputy Head, Open 5G Translation Lab–
- Cluster Director, Infocomm Technology–
- Programme Director, UoL BA (Hons) Criminology and Security–
- Cluster Coordinator, Information Communications & Computing–
- Programme Director, UofG BSc (Hons) Computing Science–
- PhD EngineeringUniversity of Warwick , United Kingdom
- BASc (Hons) Computer EngineeringNanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University Postgraduate Scholarship–
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Vice-Chairman, IEEE Consumer Electronics Society (Singapore Chapter)
Embedded networked sensing
Intelligent and smart drive control system (robotics)
Low power and miniaturised micro / nanosystem
Sensor and microsystem system design
QH Phan, SL Tan, I McLoughlin, “GPS Multipath Mitigation: A Nonlinear Regression Approach”, GPS Solutions: The Journal of Global Navigation Satellite Systems, April 2012.
M Rasouli, AP Kencana, VA Huynh, EK Ting, JCY Lai, KJ Wong, SL Tan, SJ Phee, “Ingestible wireless capsules for enhanced diagnostic inspection of gastrointestinal tract”, Frontiers of Mechanical Engineering, Springer-Verlag GmbH, ISSN 2095-0233, Vol 6, Issue 1, pp. 40-44, March 2011.
M Rasouli, L Lin, AP Kencana, KJ Wong, SL Tan, KY Ho, SJ Phee, “Therapeutic Capsule Endoscopy - Opportunities and Challenges”, Journal of Healthcare Engineering, Vol 2, No. 4, December 2011.
L Lin, M Rasouli, AP Kencana, SL Tan, KJ Wong, KY Ho, SJ Phee, “Capsule endoscopy - A mechatronics perspective”, Frontiers of Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 6, No.: 1, pp. 33-39, March 2011.
L Lin, KJ Wong, A Kumar, ZQ Lu, SL Tan, SJ Phee, “Evaluation of a TDMA-based Energy Efficient MAC Protocol for Multiple Capsule Networks", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking 2011: 54, August 2011.
QH Phan, SL Tan, “Mitigation of GPS Periodic Multipath Using Nonlinear Regression”, 19th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2011) 2011, Barcelona, Spain, 29 August - 2 September 2011.
I McLoughlin, KJ Wong, SL Tan, “Data collection, communications and processing in the Sumatran GSP Array (SuGAr)”, Congress on Engineering 2011, London, U.K., 6-8 July 2011.
AL Chan, SL Tan, CL Kwek, “A Self-stabilizing Low-cost Quadrotor with Enhanced Kalman Filter”, The 3rd International Conference on Computer Engineering and Applications (ICCEA) 2011, Haikou, China, 15-17 July 2011.
L Lin, KJ Wong, A Kumar, SL Tan, SJ Phee, “An Energy Efficient MAC Protocol for Mobile in-vivo Body Sensor Networks”, The Third International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN) 2011 (Invited paper), Dailian, China, 15-17 June 2011.
SL Tan, Y Gu, “A multi-modal physiological-signal based biometric recognition system”, International Conference on Computing and Security (ICCS'11) 2011, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 8-11 July 2011.
WB Goh, Fritriani, CC Tan, SL Tan, “A Method for 3D Spatial Relational Interaction between Cube-shaped Tangible User Interfaces”, International patent application, Submission: 11-July 2011.
SJ Phee, KJ Wong, SL Tan, AP Kencana, “Development of a Mechatronic Weight Management Pill”, International patent application, Submission: 26-April 2010