Eunice Eunjung YOO
- Associate Professor– Present
- Assistant Professor–
- Doctor of Philosophy in Tourism and Hospitality ManagementThe Pennsylvania State University , United States
- Master of Arts in International Tourism ManagementSookmyung Women’s University , South Korea
- Bachelor of Arts in Culture and TourismSookmyung Women’s University , South Korea
- Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA ) Faculty Scholarship
- SHTM Research Grants, University of Surrey
- University Research Endowment, The Pennsylvania State University
- Best Paper Award, International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism
- University Teaching/Research Assistantship, The Pennsylvania State University–
- Northeastern Recreation Research Symposium Student Scholarship
- University Graduate Fellowship, The Pennsylvania State University–
- Outstanding Alumni Fellowship, Sookmyung Women’s University–
- Dean’s Award for Excellence, Sookmyung Women’s University
- Member of the Institute of Hospitality
- Member of Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA )
- Member of Singapore Association of Convention & Exhibition Organisers & Suppliers (SACEOS)
- Member of the Food Research Collaboration
- Event Management– Present
- Food tourism and ethnic restaurants– Present
- Cross-cultural understanding in hospitality and tourism– Present
Yoo, E.E. & Buzinde, C.N. (2013). Gazing Upon the Kingdom: An Audience Reception Analysis of a Televised Travelogue. Annals of Tourism Research, 39(1), 221-242
Buzinde, C.N., Manuel-Navarrete, D., Yoo, E.E., & Morais, D. (2010). Tourists' Perceptions in a Climate of Change: Eroding Destinations. Annals of Tourism Research, 37(2), 333-354.
Yoo, E.E. (August 2016). Creating Ethnic Others through Tourism. The International Tourism Conference on Tourism and Ethnicity, Chiangmai, Thailand.
Shukri, W.H., Eves, A. & Yoo, E.E. (Oct 2015). Managing Risky Food in Less Developed Destination: Impact of Familiarity and Information on Variety seeking.ATLAS annual conference, Lisbon, Portugal.
Yoo, E.E. (June 2014). Authorizing Others: Portrayals of Middle Eastern Destinations In Travel Media Evaluation of Functional Components of Generalist and Specialist Tourism Websites. The 19th International Tourism Research Conference, 3rd - 8th June, Istanbul, Turkey.
Shukri, W.H., Eves, A. & Yoo, E.E. (May 2014). Screw authentic...just eat plain food: How disgust transformed tourists’ eating experience with unfamiliar food, Council for Hospitality Management Education (CHME) Conference, Manchester, UK
Yoo, E.E. & Buzinde, C. (July 2012). Incorporating Food in the Interdisciplinary Tourism Scholarship. The 43rd Annual International Conference of the Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA). Virginia Beach, VA, USA.
Lim, Y.S. & Yoo, E.E. (January 2012). Evaluation of Functional Components of Generalist and Specialist Tourism Websites. The 19th International Federation for Information Technology and Travel & Tourism (IFITT)’s Annual Conference. Helsingborg, Sweden.
Yoo, E.E. & Buzinde, C.N. (July 2011). Deconstructing Tourism Representations of the Middle East: An Analysis of Televised Travelogues. Critical Tourism Studies (CTS) Conference. Cardiff, Wales, UK.
Yoo, E.E. & Buzinde, C.N. (April 2010). Interpretations of Tourism Representations: The Case of Televised Travelogues. Association of American Geographers (AAG) Annual Meeting. Washington, DC, USA.
Yoo, E.E. & Mattila, A. (January 2010). Personality Congruity: Human Personality and Destination Personality in the Context of Tourist Behavior. The 15th Annual Graduate Student Research Conference in Hospitality and Tourism. Washington, DC, USA.
Buzinde, C., Manuel-Navarrete, D., Kerstetter, D., Morais, D., & Yoo, E.E. (June 2009). Essentialist Representations and Adaptation to Climate Change. The 40th Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) Annual Conference. Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
Yoo, E.E. (2016). The Future of Tourism Scholarship on Food. In Yeoman, I.,Fields, K., Albrecht, J., McMahon-Beattie, U., & Meethan, K. (Eds.) The Future of Food and Drink Tourism.
Buzinde, C.N. & Yoo, E.E. (2015). Creating and Performing Otherness: A Reception Analysis of Travel Media Discourses. In Hanusch, F. & Fursich, E. (Eds.) The New Directions for Travel Journalism Research.
Hospitality Business, B (Hons)
- BHB1001 - Introduction to Tourism Industry
- BHB2201 - Event Management
- BHB3304 - Hospitality Sales & Event Services
- BHB3902 - Cuisine & Culture