Angela Shueh Ching NG
Armed with 20 years of corporate experiences in APAC's Media and Marketing industry where I horned the skills as a Media Strategist specialized in human-experience design.
After living overseas in Australia, USA, China and Hong Kong for 15 years, I returned to Singapore in 2016 to deploy my work and life experiences fully to the area of learning & development. I became an adjunct lecturer with HLIs and also continue to train professionals in the Ad-marcom industry and leadership skills in other organizations.
I pursued the path of lifelong learning with Anglia Ruskin University in MSc Applied Positive Psychology with a focus in the study of emotions. My research and study of emotions accumulated to the publishing of an activity book, "What Colours Are You Feeling?" that aims to help adults and children develop emotional awareness and literacy skills. My experiences in Design Thinking and expanded scope to Positive Psychology also led me to speak at TEDx Singapore 2019 on "Design Think To Happiness".
The interest in leveraging on emotions insights to design better leadership in workplace and life, have lead me to further pursue my PhD with University of Reading, UK.
- MSc Applied Positive PsychologyAnglia Ruskin University , United Kingdom
- Postgrad Diploma in Positive PsychologyThe School of Positive Psychology , Singapore
- BA Marketing & MediaMurdoch University , Australia
- Positive Psychology CoachingThe School of Positive Psychology–
- SPARK Resilience Trainer for WorkplacePositran–
- Advanced Certificate in Training & AssessmentInstitute for Adult Learning–
- APAC Regional Media Director, LVMH–
- Strategic Media Consultant, Omnicom Group International–
- CEO, Initiative China (Interpublic Group)–
- General Manager/Publish, South China Morning Post Group (PRC) Magazines–
- Managing Director, Starcom MediaVest China by Publicis Groupe–
- Director/General Manager, MediaWise by Omnicom Group–
- Media Director, Starcom MediaVest Singapore–
- Media Planner/Supervisor, McCann-Erickson Singapore–
Impact of emotional literacy on leadership & workplace motivations
How do affective (emotional) labeling skills influenced manager's leadership in workplace motivations?
Positive Psychology & Wellbeing
During my MSc in Applied Positive Psychology, I research on the various PP interventions that helps in emotional management and create wellbeing
Emotions in human experience design
Speaker for Asian Festival of Children's Content 2020 on my book, "What Colours are You Feeling?"
Speaker at The School of Positive Psychology Online Resilience (REACH) Conference on the topic of "Emotional literacy & management skills"
TedX Singapore Speaker on 'Happiness'. I spoke on "Design Think To Happiness" on how to use the Design Thinking Framework with emotional insights to design a happy life.
Speaker of Esquire Talks at Esquire ShopHouse on "Modern day Masculinity"
Speaker for International Women's Day Talk at Collision 8 on "#ManEnough"
Speaker at Media 360 Summit, Hong Kong
What Colours Are You Feeling?
Some days we are happy and some days sad. As long as you can express it, it will all be okay!
"What Colours Are You Feeling?" is a book that uses colours to express emotions. It aims to help adults and children build emotion literacy to express their feelings better. The book also has activities designed to help build hope, optimism and mindfulness to help regulate emotions. It is highly recommended as a resource for parent-child bonding and for teachers to use in classrooms to develop emotion literacy.
Digital Communications and Integrated Media, BSc (Hons)
- DCM1121 - Digital Advertising, Branding, Campaigning
- DCM1102 - Digital Innovations for Integrated Media
- Business Organization & Service Design
- Organizational Communications
- Design Entrepreneurship
- Critical Thinking with Problem Solving techniques
- Content Marketing & Storytelling
- Introduction to Marketing & Branding
- Service Marketing & Consumer Behaviour
- Social Media & Innovative Marketing
- Creative Copywriting
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour & Marketing