Bee Gim LIM
- Head of FoodPlant Pte Ltd– Present
- Associate Professor– Present
- Programme Director–
- PhD (Chemical Engineering)National University of Singapore , Singapore
- MEng (Chemical Engineering)National University of Singapore ,
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)National University of Singapore ,
- Certified Green Belt on Focused Improvement using DMAIC Methodology
- SIT Teaching Excellence Award (AY2019)
- Application Group Manager, Nestle Singapore Pte Ltd–
- Senior Specialist, Nestle R&D Center, Singapore–
High Moisture Meat Analogue Extrusion
Lean Manufacturing and Operational Excellence
Culinary Product and Process Development
- Lim Bee Gim, Ho Dac Thang. 2014. Hydrolysate of a protein substrate and a process for producing thereof.–
US Patent Application 2014/0148579, filed 3 May 2011, and issued 29 May 2014.
- Lim Bee Gim. 2014. Process for the preparation of a hydrolysate.–
US Patent 8,728,552, filed Dec 5, 2008, and issued May 20, 2014.
- Lim Bee Gim, Ho Dac Thang. 2003. Production of hydrolysate seasoning.–
US Patent 6,569,476, filed Dec 4, 2000, and issued May 27, 2003.
- Lim Bee Gim, Ng Tsui Luan, Heyland Sven, Ho Dac Thang. 2002. Production of a hydrolysate.–
US Patent 6,383,532, filed Apr 19, 2000, and issued May 7, 2002.
- Lim Bee Gim, Ho Dac Thang. 2001. Pelletization process.–
US Patent 6,309,680, filed Aug 29, 2000, and issued Oct 30, 2001.
- Baensch Johannes, Gaier Walter, Khoo Hazel Geok Neo, Lai Howe Ling, Lim Bee Gim. 1999. Hydrolyzate seasoning preparation in the presence of lactic acid bacteria.–
US Patent 5,965,178, filed Aug 18, 1997, and issued Oct 12, 1999.
- Niederberger Peter, Baensch Johannes, Khoo Hazel Geok Neo, Lai Howe Ling, Lim Bee Gim. 1999. Seasoning Production.–
US Patent 5,888,561, filed Aug 29, 1997, and issued Mar 30, 1999
Bee-Gim Lim and Chi-Bun Ching, Preliminary design of a simulated counter-current chromatographic system for the separation of praziquantel enantiomers, Journal of Chromatography A, Volume 734, Issue 2, Pages 247-258
Bee-Gim Lim and Chi-Bun Ching, Modelling studies on the transient and steady state behaviour of a simulated counter-current chromatographic system, Separations Technology, Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages 29-41
Bee-Gim Lim and Chi-Bun Ching, Characterization of Chiral Adsorbents on the Chromatographic Separation of Praziquantel Enantiomers, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 35 (1), pp 169–175
Bee-Gim Lim, Chi-Bun Ching and Reginald B. H. Tan, Determination of competitive adsorption isotherms of enantiomers on a dual-site adsorbent, Separations Technology, Volume 5, Issue 4, Pages 213-228
Bee-gim Lim , Reginald B. H. Tan , Siu-choon Ng , Chi-bun Ching, Solubility phase diagram of praziquantel enantiomeric system, Chirality, Volume 7 Issue 2, Pages 74 – 81
Bee-Gim Lim, Chi-Bun Ching, Reginald B. H. Tan and Siu-Choon Ng, Recovery of (−)-praziquantel from racemic mixtures by continuous chromatography and crystallization, Chemical Engineering Science, Volume 50, Issue 14, Pages 2289-2298
Chi-bun Ching, Bee-Gim Lim, Edmund Lee and Siu-Choon Ng, Preparative resolution of praziquantel enantiomers by simulated counter-current chromatography, J. Chromatogr., Volume 634, Pages 215-210
Chi-bun Ching, Bee-Gim Lim, Edmund Lee and Siu-Choon Ng, Chromatographic resolution of the chiral isomers of several ‘beta-blockers’ over cellulose tris(3,5-dimethylphenyl-carbamate) chiral stationary phase, Chirality, Volume 4, Pages 174-177
Mohammad S. Uddin, Kus Hidajat, Bee-Gim Lim, Chi-Bun Ching, Interfacial mass transfer in stripping of phenylalanine in a liquid-liquid extraction process. Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, Volume 53 Issue 4, Pages 353 – 357
Mohammad S. Uddin, Kus Hidajat, Bee-Gim Lim, Chi-Bun Ching, Interfacial mass transfer in extraction of amino acid by aliquat 336 in organic phase, Journal of Chemical Technology & Biotechnology, Volume 48 Issue 4, Pages 415 – 426
Bee-Gim Lim, Chi-bun Ching, Edmund Lee and Siu-Choon Ng, Continuous preparative chromatographic separation of praziquantel enantiomers by a simulated counter-current system, Presented on Fourth International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, September 19-22, 1993, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. (Best Poster Award)
Edmund Lee, Bee-Gim Lim, Siu-Choon Ng and Chi-bun Ching, Optical resolution of praziquantel enantiomers by crystalisation of partially resolved enantiomeric mixture, Presented on Fourth International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination, September 19-22, 1993, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
Uddin, M.S., Lim, B.G., Hidajat, K., Extraction and stripping of phenylalanine in liquid membrane, Presented in Fifth Asia Pacific Confederation of Chemical Engineering, Kuala Lumpur, July 1990.
Hidajat, K., Lim, B.G., Uddin, M.S., Carrier mediated extraction of amino acid in liquid membrane, Proceedings of the Fifth Symposium of Malaysian Chemical Engineers, Kuala Lumpur, May 1989, p144-156
Food Technology, BFoodTech(Hons)
- FTE3012 - Industrial Systems Improvement
- FTE4105 - Conventional and Emerging Food Processing Technologies
- FTE3021 - Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP)
- FTE2014 - Heat & Mass - Conservation & Transfer (2631)
- FTE2015 - Fluid Flow & Particle Technology (2636)
- FTE2021 - Food Technology 4: Manufacturing (2641)
- FTE2024 - Career & Professional Development (2656)