- Assistant Professor– Present
- PhD (Bioengineering)Imperial College London , United Kingdom
- BEng (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering) with First Class HonorsNanyang Technological University , Singapore
- 2011 Best Application Research, 5th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
- 2011 Top 10 Singapore Research, Singapore Straits Times
- 2011 Best research article in Molecular Systems Biology, EMBO & NPG
- Dean's List in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering Degree Program
- Student Chapter Advisory, Biomedical Engineering Society of Singapore– Present
- Scientific Member, Singapore Consortium for Synthetic Biology– Present
- Student Chapter Advisory, International Society of Pharmaceutical Engineering–
Biofoundry & Automation
Development of high throughput robotic platforms for biotechnology applications
Systems & Synthetic Biology
Engineering of microbes and mammalian cells for production of biochemicals and human therapeutics
Designer Probiotics & Human Microbiome
Improving human health through designer probiotics and reconstitution of the human microbiome.
Development of bioprocess and purification schemes for pilot scale manufacturing of bioproducts in microorganisms.
- Exploring Virtual Reality to Improve Chemical Engineering Learning Outcomes– Present
Co-PI, funded by Ministry of Education Singapore
- Developing a scale-up platform for adoptive cell therapy– Present
Co-PI, funded by Ministry of Education Singapore (MOE TIF)
- Cell separation using microfluidics technology– Present
PI, funded by SIT Ignition Grant
- Development of next generation antimicrobial peptides for antimicrobial therapy and protection–
Collaborator, funded by US Air force
A Wong and M Ling. Characterization of Transcriptional Activities. Encyc Bioinformatics and Comp Biol (2018).
J Yang, M Spitzer, A Wong, WS Yew, and M Chang. High-throughput Cell Plating Using the ROTOR HDA. Singer Instruments Application Notes (2018).
HL Pham*, A Wong*, NY Chua, WS Teo, WS Yew and M Chang. Engineering a riboswitch-based genetic platform for the self-directed evolution of acid-tolerant phenotypes. Nat Comms (2017).
HL Pham, CL Ho, A Wong, and M Chang. Applying the design-build-test paradigm in microbiome engineering. Curr Opin Biotechnol (2017).
IY Hwang*, E Koh*, A Wong, J March, W Bentley, YS Lee, and M Chang. Engineered probiotic Escherichia coli can eliminate and prevent Pseudomonas aeruginosa gut infection in animal models. Nat Comms (2017).
Z Jin*, A Wong*, JL Foo, YX Cao, M Chang, and YJ Yuan. Engineering Saccharomyces cerevisiae to produce odd-chain length fatty alcohols. Biotechnol. Bioeng (2016).
HL Pham, A Wong, and M Chang. DNA expression system and uses thereof. US Patent Application 62/427,950 (2016).
A Wong*, HJ Wang, CL Poh, and R Kitney. Layering genetic circuits to build a single cell, bacterial half adder. BMC Biol 13 (2015).
CK Wong, N Saeidi, CL Poh, and M Chang. Isolated nucleotide molecule and method of sensing and killing pathogenic microorganism. US Patent 9,044020 B2 (2015).
N Saeidi* & CK Wong*. et al. Engineering microbes to sense and eradicate Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a human pathogen. Mol Syst Biol 7 (2011).
Featured in Nature Review Genetics 9:699 and Nature Reviews Microbiology 12:668. Also reported by over 70 news media agencies worldwide, including Australia Broadcasting Corporation, CBS News, Chicago Tribune, Fox News, Nature, National Geographic, Reuters, Science, Straits Times, The Scientist and International Business Times.
7th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, Singapore (2017). Program Committee.
IET Engineering Biology Conference, London (2016). Design paradigms for engineering biosensing circuit.
7th International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation, Seattle (2015). Programming digital logics in biological systems.
5th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, Stanford (2011). Programming commensal bacteria to sense and kill Pseudomonas, a human pathogen.
CK Wong*, MH Tan, B. Rasouliha, H Ling, SS Leong, CL Poh, and M Chang. Engineering and analyzing multicellular systems: methods and protocols, Therapeutic microbes for infectious disease, Springer New York 117-133 (2014).