Integrated Work Study Programme
The Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP), a key differentiating factor from other related degree programmes, will see students undergoing a credited 26-week long full-time work engagement at a company relevant to their area of study. During this period, students will apply the knowledge, practical and professional skills acquired during their earlier years of study in the IWSP. At the same time, students will gain valuable work experience and apply it to a Capstone and/or design project during their penultimate year of study.
Overseas Immersion Programme
All students will have to complete a three-week attachment at the home campus of Newcastle University where they get to live and study in Newcastle, United Kingdom. The programme itinerary will include library and career talks, seminars, research and literature review workshops to prepare students for their final-year dissertation projects, as well as visits to companies, museums and key cultural sites.
Graduates can look forward to working in, but not limited to, the following occupational fields:
- Maritime Port Authority
- Shipping Companies
- Shipbuilding and Rigbuilding Yards
- Republic of Singapore Navy
- Manufacturers or Suppliers
- Ship Brokering and Chartering Companies
- Marine and Offshore Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Statutory Boards
- Consultancy and Design Companies
- Renewable Energy Companies
- Classification Societies
- Oil and Gas Companies
Eligibility and Exemption
Diploma holders from any of the five local polytechnics and A level graduates are welcome to apply.
Subject to approval, diploma applicants may be granted module exemptions, based on the modules taken during their diploma.
Fees and Finances
- Tuition fees shown is the total cost based on the completion of the study.
- Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents fees are exclusive of GST and subsidised by the Ministry of Education.
- International Students and Non-Subsidised fees are inclusive of 7% GST.