The TL Whang Foundation Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing any of the following degree programmes offered by the Institute:
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Occupational Therapy or
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Physiotherapy
- Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Have a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,500 or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties, to be determined by the Institute in its sole discretion.
- Preference will be given to those who have made significant contributions beyond academic studies to the Institute or the community.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$6,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
Application dates & submission instructions can be found here.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from TL Whang Foundation Ltd.