PDU (PEB) – Pending approval
Tablets are solid dosage forms consisting of active ingredient(s) [active pharmaceutical ingredients or APIs] and suitable pharmaceutical excipients. The manufacture of oral solid dosage forms such as tablets is a complex multi-stage process under which the starting materials change their physical characteristics a number of times before the final dosage form is produced.
Numerous unit processes are involved in making tablets, including particle size reduction and sizing, blending, granulation, drying, compaction, and (frequently) coating. It is a key component in the pharmaceutical small molecule drug manufacturing process.
In this 2-day course, you will learn the basics behind the science and engineering of the process of producing tablets.
Who Should Attend
- Manufacturing & production professionals in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, life sciences, flavours and fragrances and food industries
- Diploma/degree in engineering or science or with relevant working experience
- Basic understanding of chemistry (minimum ‘O’ Level or equivalent)
What You Will Learn
- The principles that underlie major unit operations used in the downstream processing of small molecule drugs (SMDs). The operations covered in this short course are powder blending, drying, and tableting
- Adaptive and mitigative measures
- Understand terms associated with downstream processing and downstream process development
- Design, execute and document bench-scale studies to determine appropriate operating ranges for downstream processing steps
- Justify choices and assumptions used for downstream processing unit operations
- Solve calculation problems related to a tablet formulation and unit operations processing
Er. Reginald Thio Beng Joo
Associate Professor/Prog Leader, Food, Chemical and Biotechnology, Singapore Institute of Technology
Mahasin Alam SK
Lead Professional Officer, Singapore Institute of Technology
Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Consultant, Natoli Engineering (Asia Pacific)
|July 2023 Run||26 & 27 July 2023|
Certificate and Assessment
A Certificate of Participation will be issued to participants who:
- Attend 75% of the course
- Undertake and pass non-credit bearing assessment during the course
The full fee for this course is S$1,512.00.
|Category||After SF Funding|
|Singapore Citizen (Below 40)||S$449.40|
|Singapore Citizen (40 & Above)||S$169.40|
|Singapore PR / LTVP+ Holder||S$453.60|
|Non-Singapore Citizen||S$1,512.00 (No Funding)|
Note: All fees above include GST. GST applies to individuals and Singapore-registered companies.