The Samwoh Corporation Global Immersion Study Grant was established to support financially disadvantaged students and recognise deserving students who are pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree in civil engineering at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering offered by the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$850.
- Have achieved outstanding academic results as the Institute may in its sole discretion determine.
Tenure and Benefits of the Study Grant:
- Each Study Grant is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Study Grant will be used to fund the recipient’s expenses for overseas immersion programmes conducted by the Institute such as living and travel expenses and insurance, as well as books and other necessities.
- Recipients of this Grant may accept other grants concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
Application dates & submission instructions can be found here.
About the Donor
This Study Grant is made possible by a gift from Samwoh Corporation Pte Ltd. Samwoh is a leading integrated construction company which provides a full suite of engineering services which include the supply of building materials and precast concrete components, recycling of construction and industrial wastes, research and development as well as pavement consultancy services.