The Polyolefin Company Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing selected full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing the Bachelor of Engineering with Honours in Chemical Engineering undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Are Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents; and
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of not more than $1,000.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
Application dates & submission instructions can be found here.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from The Polyolefin Company (Singapore) Pte Ltd, one of the first major polyolefin manufacturers in Southeast Asia and one of the largest and most successful polyolefin producers in the region.