The Mohamed Abdul Jaleel Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving students who are enrolled in undergraduate degree programmes offered by the Institute.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at the Institute.
- Singapore Citizens.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) of between $1,250 and $2,250.
- Are among the top 10% of first-year students (based on A-Level or Poly results) or among the top 10% of each cohort for other current students (second-, third- and fourth-year students).
- Consideration will be given to applicants with medical condition or whose family members suffer from illness.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary, valued at $5,000, is applicable for one (1) academic year.
- The Bursary will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept other Bursaries concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
Application dates & submission instructions can be found here.
About the Donor
The Bursary is made possible by a gift from the S M Jaleel Foundation, which was set up to aid students in getting educational attainment in order to propel them further in life. The foundation aims to mainly reach out to families and individuals who are ineligible for government subsidies.