Registration Open (Individual/ Team)
Individual/ team registration is compulsory. For team registration, please nominate a leader to register for all members. All challengers (individual and team) are required to submit a Pitch Deck as part of the registration.
Submission requirement (Pitch Deck)
Each individual/ team challenger must submit the pitch deck to Challenge Dropbox by 2 Mar 2020, 1200hrs.
- 50 to 100 word description of the proposed sustainable innovation
- Three to five-minute video in which features and functions of a proposed sustainable innovation are explained and/or demonstrated
- Slide pack of up to 20 slides outlining the presentation
The Challenge Guidelines
- Contest Registration/Submission will start at 1200hrs on 6 January 2020, and end at 1700hrs on 2 March 2020.
- Twelve semi-final Challengers will be shortlised and notified via email by 12 March 2020 and it will be announced at The Mapletree Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum on that same evening.
- Twelve semi-final Challengers will pitch their innovation project in front of a judging panel at SIT during The Mapletree Challenge Semi-Finals on 19 March 2020. Six Grand Final Challengers will be chosen.
- Coaching sessions for the six Grand Final Challengers will be arranged with mentors by 20 March 2020.
- The six Grand Final Challengers will present their sustainable innovations during The Mapletree Challenge Grand Final at Mapletree Business City on 23 April 2020.
- Each ten-minute presentation will be made to a panel of four judges, representing SIT and Mapletree Investments, followed by five minutes of Q&A.
- Only matriculated students from the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) shall be eligible to participate. These include students from SIT’s overseas university (OU) partners.
- Master’s programme students are also eligible to participate.
- Participants may take part either as an individual or as part of a team.
- Each team should have up to a maximum of four participants.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to exclude or disqualify any participant(s) from The Mapletree Challenge.
Assessment Criteria for Grand Final
Criteria are being generated
Ranking by four judges (80%) + audience ranking (20%)
Gold Award - A cash prize of $5,000
Silver Award - A cash prize of $3,000
Bronze Award - A cash prize of $2,000
Consolation Prizes - A cash prize of $1,000 is awarded for 4th, 5th and 6th Runners-up.
Semi-Finalists not selected for The Mapletree Challenge Grand Final will receive a cash prize of $500 for creating an infographic poster that represents the features and functions of their sustainable innovation. All posters will be displayed at The Mapletree Challenge Grand Final.
For any further queries please contact the committee at MapleTreeChallenge@singaporetech.edu.sg.