SIT’s Technology, Innovation & Enterprise Division is a one-stop centre for companies and organisations to collaborate with SIT’s faculty, professional officers and students on industry projects and community innovation projects.
Contact us at Innovate@SingaporeTech.edu.sg if you are interested in the following:
- Industry and Community Projects
- Business Development Opportunities
- Lean Skills Training and Practice for Local Companies
- Innovative projects which can improve social, economic or environmental aspects of a community
To be the focal centre for industry and community projects and collaboration with companies. Companies can advance the development of their innovative products and services at SIT, by leveraging the technological expertise of our professional experts and students.
As a leader in moulding enterprising and innovative students, Technology, Innovation & Enterprise Division enhances students’ learning experiences through industry collaboration and community innovation initiatives.
We have a strong team of Professors, Professional Officers and students across five different clusters of specialisation, who are able to support the multi-disciplinary and complex nature of industry problems.
Our areas of specialisation are:
- Chemical Engineering and Food Technology
- Infocomm Technology
- Health and Social Sciences
- Design and Specialised Businesses
Learn about our projects:
- Customised Free-Standing Automated External Defibrillator Stand
- Door Breaching Equipment for Frontline Firefighting and Rescue Work
- Sustainable and Cost-Effective Closed Containment Aquaculture System for Coastal Fish Farming
- Heel Raise Measurement Device Plantarflexion Physiotherapy
- Designing Activity Space for Dementia Patients
Let us know your problem statement by filling in the project statement form.
Co-funding with Industry
We tap on both external and internal grants to support our involvement in industry projects.
Project Space & Mentors
We are equipped with laboratories, equipment, tools and dedicated project spaces to support our work with the industry.
Industry-Centric Intellectual Property Policy
We have an industry-centric Intellectual Property (IP) policy that allows companies to own the IP generated from collaborations with SIT.
Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP)
The Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP) is a distinctive feature of SIT-conferred degree programmes.
To support industry collaborations, the Technology, Innovation & Enterprise Division provides internal grants to help companies co-fund projects.
Where possible, the Technology, Innovation & Enterprise Division will also co-develop grant proposals to bid for external grants (e.g. National Research Foundations, National Medical Research Council, SPRING Singapore).
Our internal grant, Ignition Grant, is set up to provide early-stage funding support for faculty to embark on industry projects involving students and companies in Singapore.
Grant Categories and Duration
SIT Internal Grant:
- 1-year funding scheme to support Proof-of-Concept (POC) project
- Early conceptualisation stage
- Development of a prototype/concept/solution with industrial partnership
MOE Translational and Innovation Fund (TIF)
- 2-year funding scheme to support Proof-of-Value (POV) project
- New innovations which improve/develop new products, processes and systems that generate economic payoffs
- Adoption by the industry
For grants related matters, contact us at Grant@SingaporeTech.edu.sg
Chemical Engineering and Food Technology Cluster, Design and Specialised Businesses Cluster
June Loh, Assistant Director
Infocomm Technology Cluster
|Joel Ng, Deputy Director
Health Science Cluster & Community
Anthony Chee, Deputy Director
Ow Weng Kay, Deputy Director
Entrepreneurship Development Programme
Estella Ng, Senior Manager