Dr Vivek Balachandran
PhD, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
+65 6592 1917
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Master of Technology
National Institute of Technology Calicut, India
Bachelor of Technology in Engineering
University of Calicut, India
Singapore Institute of Technology
Lecturer, from 2016
NTU Graduate Research Scholarship, NTU, Singapore (2010-2014)
M-Tech GATE Scholarship, NIT Calicut, India (2008-2010)
Professional Membership and Industrial Activities
IET Information Security,
Journal of Information Security and Applications
Current Research, Funded Research and Publications
Software Security, Program Analysis, Software Obfuscation, Compiler Optimizations
- V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Software Code Obfuscation by Hiding Control Flow Information in Stack", IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security, WIFS, 2011.
- V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Software Protection with Obfuscation and Encryption", Information Security Practices and Experiences Conference, ISPEC, 2013.
- V. Balachandran and S. Emmanuel, "Potent and Stealthy Control Flow Obfuscation by Stack Based Self-Modifying Code," IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol.8, no.4, pp.669,681, April 2013.
- Lim Jun Long, Vivek Balachandran, Sabu Emmanuel, NgWee Keong, "Obfuscating Server Client Programs against Reverse Engineering", National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Thrissur, 2013.
- V. Balachandran, N. W. Keong and S. Emmanuel, "Obfuscation by code fragmentation to evade reverse engineering", IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, San Diego, USA, Oct 2014.
- V. Balachandran, N. W. Keong and S. Emmanuel, "Function level control ow obfuscation for software security", International Conference on Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems, Birmingham, UK, July 2014.