Dr Adison Wong
Doctor of Philosophy (Bioengineering), Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University
Chemical Engineering and Food Technology
+65 6592 1626
Doctor of Philosophy (Bioengineering)
Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University
Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering) with First Class Honors
Nanyang Technological University
Lecturer, from 2017
- 2014 First runner up in Three Minute Thesis competition, Singapore
- 2011 Best research article in Molecular Systems Biology, EMBO & NPG
- 2011 Top 10 Singapore Research, Singapore Straits Times
- 2011 Best application, 5th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology
- 2010 ICL-NTU PhD Scholarship
- 2009 Dean List’s, SCBE NTU
Professional Membership and Industrial Activities
- Scientific Member, Singapore Consortium for Synthetic Biology
- Collaboration with Singer Instruments on developing robotic platforms
- Collaboration with BD Biosciences on flow cytometry applications
Publications, Current Research and Selected Presentations
- N Saeidi* & CK Wong*. et al. Engineering microbes to sense and eradicate Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a human pathogen. Mol Syst Biol 7 (2011).
Featured in Nature Review Genetics 9:699 and Nature Reviews Microbiology 12:668. Also reported by over 70 news media agencies worldwide, including Australia Broadcasting Corporation, CBS News, Chicago Tribune, Fox News, Nature, National Geographic, Reuters, Science, Straits Times, The Scientist and International Business Times.
- CK Wong*, MH Tan, B. Rasouliha, H Ling, SS Leong, CL Poh, and M Chang. Engineering and analyzing multicellular systems: methods and protocols, Therapeutic microbes for infectious disease, Springer New York 117-133 (2014).
- A Wong*, HJ Wang, CL Poh, and R Kitney. Layering genetic circuits to build a single cell, bacterial half adder. BMC Biol 13 (2015).
- CK Wong, N Saeidi, CL Poh, and M Chang. Isolated nucleotide molecule and method of sensing and killing pathogenic microorganism. US Patent 9,044020 B2 (2015).
- Z Jin*, A Wong*, JL Foo, YX Cao, M Chang, and YJ Yuan. Engineering Saccharomyces cerevisiae to produce odd-chain length fatty alcohols. Biotechnol. Bioeng (2016).
- HL Pham, A Wong, and M Chang. DNA expression system and uses thereof. US Patent Application 62/427,950 (2016).
- IY Hwang*, E Koh*, A Wong, J March, W Bentley, YS Lee, and M Chang. Engineered probiotic Escherichia coli can eliminate and prevent Pseudomonas aeruginosa gut infection in animal models. Nat Comms (2017).
- HL Pham*, A Wong*, NY Chua, WS Teo, and M Chang. Engineering a riboswitch-based genetic platform for the self-directed evolution of acid-tolerant phenotypes. Nat Comms (2017).
- HL Pham, CL Ho, A Wong, and M Chang. Applying the design-build-test paradigm in microbiome engineering. Curr Opin Biotechnol (2017).
- Biofoundry & HT Automation, Genome Synthesis, Microbiome Engineering, Directed Evolution
- 7th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, Singapore (2017). Program Committee.
- IET Engineering Biology Conference, London (2016). Design paradigms for engineering biosensing circuit.
- 7th International Workshop on Bio-Design Automation, Seattle (2015). Programming digital logics in biological systems.
- 5th International Meeting on Synthetic Biology, Stanford (2011). Programming commensal bacteria to sense and kill Pseudomonas, a human pathogen.