Yew Kee HO
- Cluster Director, Design and Specialized Businesses– Present
- Associate Provost (SkillsFuture)– Present
- Professor– Present
- Associate Provost (SkillsFuture & Staff Development)–
- PHD in AccountingCarnegie Mellon University , United States
- Bachelor of Economics (First Class Honours)Monash University , Australia
- Master of EconomicsMonash University , Australia
- Master of Science in Industrial AdministrationCarnegie Mellon University , United States
- Teaching Excellence Award for the NUS APEX EMBA
- National Day Long Service Medal for 25 years of service
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic Alumni Award for Community and Environment
- Teaching Excellence Award for the NUS APEX EMBA–
- Vernon Zimmerman best paper award 23rd Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Beijing, China
- Annual Teaching Excellence Award, NUS
- Teaching Excellence Award for the NUS APEX EMBA–
- NUS Business School Outstanding Educator Award
- Service to Education Award 2009 - Silver, Ministry of Education, Singapore
- Vernon Zimmerman best paper award 20th Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Paris, France
- NUS Annual Teaching Excellence Award
- Best Educator Award for the UCLA-NUS EMBA, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2016–
- Faculty Service Award in 2002 in recognition of dedication and service contributions beyond normal workload in the faculty
- Outstanding Educator Award at Faculty level, National University of Singapore
- Fellow Chartered Accountant (CA) of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Fellow Certified Practising Accountant (FCPA) of the CPA Australia
- Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA), CFA Institute.
- Member, Council, CPA Australia (Singapore), Jan 2018
- Director and Chairman, Audit Committee and Human Resources Committee, St Luke Eldercare
- Member, Ngee Ann Polytechnic Business and Accountancy Programmes Committee, May 2017
- Member, Skills Framework Development Workgroup, Singapore SkillsFuture , June 2017
- Chairman, Investment Committee, Council of World Mission, June 2016
- Member, Singapore Qualification Programme Learning and Assessment Committee – Foundation Programme (LAC-FP), January 2016
- Director, United Overseas Insurance Ltd, 1 June 2014
- Director, and Chairman, Audit Committee, Dover Park Hospice, June 2014
- Chairman, Committee for the Review of Tuberculosis (TB) Treatment Defaulters, Ministry of Health, May 2013
- Member, The Inquiry Panel, Appointment under the Legal Profession Act, Ministry of Law, April 2012
- Member, Investment Advisory Committee, Peoples’ Association, July 2008
- Director and Chairman, Audit Committee, St Luke Hospital
- Brokers Recommendation ChangesPresent
- Conservatism in AccountingPresent
- Corporate GovernancePresent
- City Harvest Church : Right Intention Went Wrong, Case Study Research Grant–
Mar-16 - Feb-17, $4,700
- Earnings Surprises, Growth Expectations and Market Efficiency, R-315-000-051-112–
Nov-03 - Nov-06, $33,300
- Earnings Management and Analysts Forecasts, R-315-000-035-112–
Nov-00 - Nov-07, $30,220
- Employers’ Accounting for Pensions: The Case of Utilities Industry, R315-000-014-112–
Sep-98 - Jun-01, $3,583
- Modelling the Accounting Standard Setting Institution in Singapore, R-315-000-013-112–
Oct-98 - Oct-01, $6,771
- Studies on Audit Committees
“Do Brokers’ Recommendation Changes Generate Brokerage? Evidence from a Central Limit Order Market”, Accounting & Finance, 2017, forthcoming, (Robert Brown, Howard Chan, Robert Faff)
“A Study on the Profile of Audit Committees of Listed Companies in Singapore”, Study Commission by the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, 2016.
- Some Economics of Audit Market Reform”, Australian Accounting Review, 26(3):271-283, 2016. (Tan Boon Seng)
“Valuation of Financial Derivatives Under FRS 113 (Part 1)”, Chartered Accountants, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants, June 2015.
“Towards Better Business Reporting : Integrated Reporting and Value Creation”, KPMG-NUS Publication, 2015 (Ian Hong)
“Olam : Accounting for Biological Assets”, Ivey Publishing, 2015. (Teo Chee Khiang and Ben Sitoh)
“A White Paper on Derivative Valuation in the Context of FRS 113 Fair Value Measurement”, 2014, Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
“The Association between Earnings and Returns : A Comparative Study between the Chinese and US Stock Markets”, China Accounting and Finance Review, 2014. 16(2):90-106 (Vincent Chen).
“Reported Earnings and Analyst Forecasts as Competing Sources of Information: A New Approach”, Australian Journal of Management, 2012. 37(3):333-359 (with Heather Anderson, Howard Chan and Robert Faff).
“Diminishing Marginal Returns from R&D Investment: Evidence from Manufacturing Firms”, Applied Economics, 2011, 45(5):611-622. (with Robert Faff, Weilin Lin and Yap Chee Meng)
“Singapore as an Accountancy Hub – A Porter’s Diamond Perspective”, International Journal of Business Competition and Growth, 2015, 4(1/2):44-56 (Tan Boon Seng).
“Total Cost Management in Development of the Economy - Singapore Experience”, Keynote, CMA National Management Accounting Conference, 11 to 13 July 2016, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
“Development of Integrated Reporting in Asia”, Global Management Accounting Submit, 27th – 29th July 2015, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
“What will it take Sri Lanka to become an economic power house like Singapore”, Keynote, Chartered Management Accountants National Management Accounting Conference, 18th to 20th June 2014, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
“Traditional Funding – Bread and Butter”, Innovfest, Singapore, April 2014.
“Accounting Research : Relevance Lost, Relevance Regain?? – The Theory and Empirical Measurement of Conservatism”, 4th Annual International Conference on Accounting and Finance, 28th and 29th April 2014, Phuket, Thailand.
“Accounting for Disclosure & Valuation – The Case of Olam”, Institute of Valuers and Appraisers of Singapore Conference, April 2014, Singapore.
“Non-Executive Director Compensation and Corporate Risk Taking”, Financial Management Association Conference, 12 – 15 June 2013, Luxembourg.
“Reinventing Management Accounting for the Turbulent Economic Landscape”, Strategic Management Accounting and Business Analytics Forum Asia 2012, 10-11 July 2012, Singapore.
“Did Regulation Fair Disclosure Change the Rules of the Expectations Management Game?” International Academy of Business & Economics (IABE), 8 – 10 June 2012, Venice, Italy.