Hua Beng LIM
- Programme Leader, SIT BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy– Present
- – Present
- Master of Occupational TherapyUniversity of Queensland , Australia
- Post Graduate Diploma of Teaching in Higher EducationNanyang Technological University , Singapore
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Occupational Therapy with Upper Second Class HonoursCurtin University of Technology , Australia
- Teaching Excellence Award (2020), Singapore Institute of Technology
- Educator Achievement Award (2017), Nanyang Polytechnic
- Inspiring Occupational Therapist Award (2015), Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists
- Tsuyoshi Sato Lectureship Award (2007), Asia Pacific Occupational Therapy Regional Group, World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT)
- Registered Occupational TherapistAllied Health Professions Council, Singapore
- 2nd Alternate Delegate for Singapore, WFOT (2002 – present)– Present
- Individual Member, World Federation of Occupational Therapists (1992 – current)– Present
- Member, Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists (1991 - present)– Present
- Deputy Programme Manager, WFOT Education & Research Programme (2000 – 2002)–
- Member, WFOT Education Committee Review Party to Philippines (1999)–
- Asia Pacific Occupational Therapy Network Coordinator (1998 – 2003)–
- Secretary, WFOT Education Committee (June 1998 - 2000)–
- Singapore Delegate, WFOT (1992 – 1995, 1998 – 2000)–
- First Council Member, Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists (1992, 1994 – 1999)–
- Education Committee Member, WFOT (1992 – 1995)–
- President, Singapore Association of Occupational Therapists (1991, 1993)–
- Member, MOH SIT Allied Health Services Steering Committee (2019 – current)Present
- Member, Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy Entrustable Professional Activities Working Committee, Ministry of Health (2018 – current)Present
- Member, The Third Enabling Masterplan Workgoup, Ministry of Social and Family Development (2018 – current)Present
- Member, Services Committee, Society for the Physically Disabled (2015 – current)Present
- Professional Representative, Leadership Development Programme (LDP) and Professional Development and Management Programme (PDMP), National Council of Social ServicesPresent
- Chairman, Occupational Therapy Curriculum & Organisational Review Committee, Allied Health Professions CouncilPresent
- Chairman, Occupational Therapy Credentials Committee, Allied Health Professions CouncilPresent
- Council Member, Allied Health Professions CouncilPresent
- Member, Ministry of Health’s Healthcare Ethics Capability Committee (2019 – 2022)–
- Board Member, SPD Board of Management (2018 – 2020)–
- Member, SPD Technology Services & 5-year Plan Review Taskforce (2017 – 2018)–
- Member, Pro-tem Council, Allied Health Act, Ministry of Health–
- Chairman, Occupational Therapy Implementation Committee, Allied Health Act, Ministry of Health–
- Member, Clinical Practice Guideline on Functional Assessment of the Older Adult Workgroup, Ministry of Health, Singapore
- Project Head, Allied Health Development, Allied Health Branch, Manpower Standards & Development Division, Ministry of Health–
- Chairman, Occupational Therapy Regulatory Workgroup, Ministry of Health–
- Resource Person, Research Grant of the VWOs-Charities Capability Fund (VCF), National Council of Social Services–
- Member, Allied Health Credentials Evaluation Panel for Occupational Therapy, Ministry of Health–
- Member, Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications System (WSQ) for the Community and Social Services Sector, Singapore Workforce Development Agency–
- Member, National Mental Health Subcommittee on Mental Health Professionals, Ministry of Health, Singapore–
- Member, Selection Panel for Specialised Assistive Technology Centre for the Physically Disabled Cluster, National Council of Social Services
- Chairman, Curriculum Committee, School of Health Sciences, Nanyang Polytechnic (2003 – 2017)–
- Rehabilitation Subcommittee Member, Handicaps Welfare Association (HWA), Singapore (2000 – 2001)–
- Programme Committee Member, Society for the Physically Disabled (SPD), Singapore (1999 – 2000)–
- Member, Sheltered Workforce Taskforce, National Council of Social Services, Singapore (1992 – 1994)–
- Professional reviewer: Hong Kong Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Professional reviewer: Asian Journal of Occupational Therapy
- Development of Professional Confidence in Occupational Therapy Students– Present
- Executive Function Performance Test (Singapore Version)– Present
- Time use, meaningful occupation and life satisfaction of community dwelling elderly.–
A pilot study of comparison between Japanese and Singaporean elderly
- Occupational engagement and life satisfaction on retirement in Singapore–
- Occupation based assessment and its relationship with professional role and identity–
Bonsaksen, T., Brown, T., LIM, H. B., Fong, K., & Småstuen, M. C. (2020). Associations Between Occupational Therapy Students’ Approaches to Studying and Their Academic Grade Results: A Cross-Sectional and Cross-Cultural Study. Journal of Occupational Therapy Education, 4 (1). https://doi.org/10.26681/jote.2020.040105
Lim, S.M., Tan, B.L., Lim, H.B. & Goh, Z.A.G. (2018). Engaging people with disabilities as community teachers for experiential learning in occupational therapy education. Hong Kong Journal of Occupational Therapy, 31(1), 36-45.
Bonsaksen, T., Smastuen, M.C., Thorrisen, M.M., Fong, K., Lim, H.B. & Brown, T. (2018). Factor analysis of the approaches and study skills inventory for students in a cross-cultural occupational therapy undergraduate sample. Australian Occupational Therapy Journal, July early online edition, DOI: 10.1111/1440-1630.12504
Bonsaksen, T., Brown, T. Lim, H.B. & Fong, K. (2017). Approaches to studying predict academic performance in undergraduate occupational therapy students: a cross-cultural study. BMC Medical Education, DOI 10.1186/s12909-017-0914-3
Lau, H.C., Teo, E., Tan, C.I.C., Lau, C.M., Lim, H.B., Chua, M., Tan, G., Tong, J. & Wong, G. (2016). Allied Health Professionals. In Lee C.H. & K. Satku (Eds.), Singapore’s Healthcare System: What 50 years have achieved (pp. 155 – 160). Singapore: World Scientific Publishing.
Brown, T., Fong, K.N.K., Bonsaksen, T., Tan, H.L., Murdolo, Y., Gonzalez, P.C. & Lim, H.B. (2016): Approaches to learning among occupational therapy undergraduate students: A cross-cultural study, Scandinavian Journal of Occupational Therapy, DOI: 10.1080/11038128.2016.1229811
Lim, H.B. (2014). Discovering the meaning of being in the occupational therapy profession by Singapore’s Occupational Therapy students. Japanese Journal of Occupational Therapy, 48(11), 1144 – 1149.
Lim, H.B. (2012). The 5th Asia Pacific Occupational Therapy Congress: Reflections of a Singapore Participant. Japanese Journal of Occupational Therapy, 46(4), 359-362.
Erikkson, G.M., Chung, J.C.C., Lim, H.B., Hartman-Maeir, A., Yoo, E.,Orellano, E.M., van Nes, F., de Jonge, D. & Baum, C.M. (2011). Occupations of older adults: A cross cultural description . Occupational Therapy Journal of Research, 41(3), 182-192.
Thilagaratnam, S., Ding, Y.Y., Au Eong, K.G., Chiam, P.C., Chow, Y.L., Khoo, G., Lim, H.B., Lim H.Y.L., Lim, W.S., Lim, W.Y., Peh, K.C., Phua, K.T., Sitoh, Y.Y., Tan, B.Y., Wong, S.F., Wong, W.P. & Yee, R. (2010). Health Promotion Board – Ministry of Health Clinical Practice Guidelines: Functional screening for older adults in the community. Singapore Medical Journal, 51(6), 518 – 522.
Lim, H.B. (2006). Ageing in Singapore: Facts and Factors. Journal of Rehabilitation Sciences, Seirei Christopher University, 2, 11 – 23.
Yang, S., Shek, M.P., Tsunaka, M. & Lim, H.B. Cultural influences on Occupational Therapy practice in Singapore, Occupational Therapy International, 13 (3), 176 – 192.
Lim, H.B. & Nagai, Y. (2003). Preparing occupational therapists for the future: Is Problem Based Learning the key? Japanese Journal of Research for Occupational Therapy Education, 3 (1), 4 – 11.
Lim, H.B. & Yeo J.Y. (2002). Inspiring occupational therapy practice in Asia to next level: the 3rd Asia Pacific Occupational Therapy Congress. Japanese Journal of Occupational Therapy, 21 (4), 357 – 366.
Occupational Therapy in Singapore: Recent and Strategic Developments, Asian Occupational Therapy Exchange Meeting, in conjunction with the 53rd Japanese Occupational Therapy Congress, 2019, Fukuoka, Japan.
Occupational Therapy Education and Professional Development Workshop, Osaka Health Science University, 2017, Japan
The Long Journey – Occupational Therapy in Singapore, 50th Japanese Occupational Therapy Congress, 2016, Japan
Exploring Knowledge and Use of Occupational Therapy Theories Among Clinicians in Singapore, 16th International Congress of the World Federation of Occupational Therapists, 2014, Japan
Tsuyoshi Sato Lecture: Of Dreams & Aspirations: The Future of Occupational Therapy through the Eyes of Young Practitioners, 3rd Asia Pacific Occupational Therapy Congress, 2007, Hong Kong
Lim, S. M., Tan, B. L., Lim, H. B., & Goh, Z. A. G. (2020). Experiential learning and its Impact on students’ attitudes towards persons with disability. In S. M. Lim, Y. L. Foo, H. T. Loh, & X. Deng (Eds.), Applied Learning in Higher Education: Perspective, Pedagogy, and Practice (pp. 101-112). Santa Rose: Informing Science Press.
Lim, H.B, Tan, H.L., Hobman, J. & Cheng, M. (2019). Activity Card Sort – Singapore Version. SAOT: Singapore
- HSC1006 Health Systems - Singapore's Perspectives
- HSC1005 Research - Critical Appraisal of Literature