Anthony has been a lecturer at SIT since 2017, primarily inputting towards musculoskeletal physiotherapy and health promotion topics. Anthony is a UK trained Physiotherapist with particular interest in patient education, knowledge translation and osteoarthritis.
- Lecturer– Present
- PhD (Physiotherapy)La Trobe University, Melbourne , Australia
- Master of Science in Rehabilitation ScienceUniversity of Brighton , United Kingdom
- Bachelor of Science in Sports Rehabilitation with Second Class Honours (Upper Division)University of Surrey , United Kingdom
- Singapore Physiotherapy Association– Present
- Allied Health Professions Council, Singapore– Present
- Member, Health Care Professions Council, 2010 to present– Present
Knowledge translation for healthcare professionals
Exercise physiology and rehabilitation
- Using GPS to monitor Premiership level Rugby players workload in Singapore– Present
- Annual Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Survey– Present
- Seed Grant - Annual Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Survey (AMPS)– Present
Annual survey of musculoskeletal Physiotherapists in Singapore, identifying attitudes, beliefs and behaviors in a number of topics including, health promotion, health literacy, exercise prescription, digital health and CPD trends.Please contact me for further information.
- Translating Research Evidence Knowledge (TREK) websites– Present
Goff, A.J. & Elkins, M.R. (2021). Knee Osteoarthritis. Journal of Physiotherapy. EDITORIAL
Goff, A.J., De Oliveira Silva, D., Merolli, M. Bell, E.C., Crossley, K.C. & Barton, C.J. (2021). Patient education improves pain and function in people with knee osteoarthritis with better effects when combined with exercise therapy: a systematic review. Journal of Physiotherapy
Barton, C.J,. King, M.G, Dascombe, B,. Taylor, N.F. de Oliveira Silva D Holden, S. Goff, A.J. Takarangia, K., Shields, N. (2021) Many physiotherapists lack preparedness to prescribe physical activity and exercise to people with musculoskeletal pain: A multi-national survey. Physical Therapy in Sport. 49, 98-105
Lo, C.N, Abdelkader, T., Choi, Y.M., Goff, A.J, Krishnasamy, S., Guiller, A.C., Soon, B. (2021). Teaching Physiotherapy Students Physical Examination Skills by Using Photogrammetry. A Randomized Control Trial of 3- Versus 2-Dimensional Images. Simulation in Healthcare.
Goff A, J., Page W, Clark N. (2018) Reporting of acute programme variables and exercise descriptors in rehabilitation strength training for tibiofemoral joint soft tissue injury: A systematic review. Physical Therapy in Sport.
World Physiotherapy Congress 2021. Patient education for knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. (Platform Presentation).
Singapore Allied Health Conference 2021. The Integration of Physical Activity in Clinical Practice. (Poster Presentation)
International Sports Science and Sports Medicine Conference, Newcastle. Reporting of acute programme variables in rehabilitation strength training for anterior cruciate ligament injury: a systematic review. (Poster Presentation).
Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) 2021. Patient education for knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis. (Poster Presentation).
Singapore International Physiotherapy Congress 2021 - Outcome measures for patient education - Symposium chair and platform presentation