Introduced in 2017, the Industry Mentorship Programme is a joint initiative between Centre for Career Readiness and Young NTUC. Designed with the intention to prepare our SIT degree programme students in anticipation of their foray into the workplace, the mentorship programme serves as a perfect platform to connect you to the industry, providing a deeper understanding of working life.
Paired with an Industry Mentor from the relevant industry, you gain industry specific career advice and guidance in developing your career path, as well as broadening your perspectives on career opportunities and aspirations.
Ultimately, we hope to build and achieve a pipeline of alumni mentors across industries as our graduates become working professionals.
Ever wondered how it’s like working in the industry, or how to get your dream job and excel in your field?
Have all your burning question answered by your Industry Mentor as they share their experiences and provide advices for your future career. Be a mentee to:
- Gain insights of industry trends, practices and workplace ethics
- Develop specific competencies relevant to industry and role
- Seek a different perspective from an experienced industry expert and manage expectations of the industry versus reality
- Be exposed to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Establish long-term relationship with industry mentor
Contact your Career Coach if you would like to join the Industry Mentorship Programme!
Be the one to inspire and guide our students. Support your mentee and provide career-related advice to help them develop their career path. At the same time, challenge and broaden their perspective on career opportunities and aspirations. Join us as a mentor to:
- Make a difference and contribute to the future in a student’s life
- Share your professional knowledge and personal experience
- Develop and enhance personal leadership and coaching style
- Gain valuable insights about working with mentees from different background to your own
To be an Industry Mentor call 6592 8150.