The Tzu Chi Foundation Bursary was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time degree programme at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree programme at SIT
- Singapore Citizens or Permanent Residents;
- Staying in a 4-room HDB flat or smaller;
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$850;
- Agreeable to home visits for assessment by Donor/representatives;
- Good performance at selection interview.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each bursary is valued at S$8,000 and is tenable for one Academic Year.
- The bursary will be used to cover the recipient’s tuition fees only. Upon acceptance of this Bursary, recipients must complete 20 hours of community service through participation in community activities organised by the Donor.
- Recipient of this bursary may hold another bursary concurrently and also reapply for this bursary in subsequent years.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor:
This Bursary has been made possible with a gift from Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation, a foundation that seeks to fulfil societal needs by providing charitable services and free medical care to the underprivileged members of the community.