The Rotary Club of Singapore East Education Bursary Fund was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time students pursuing any undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute;
- Are Singapore Citizens; and
- Have a household per capita income (PCI) of less than or equal to $1,000, or students who have provided evidence of family financial difficulties, to be determined by the Institute in its sole discretion.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Bursary is valued at S$2,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Bursary shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Bursary may accept another bursary concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
About the Donor
This bursary has been made possible with a gift from Rotary Club of Singapore East, the third oldest Rotary club in Singapore started in 1966. Rotary brings together a global network of volunteer leaders who dedicate their time and talent to tackle the world’s most pressing humanitarian challenges. Rotary connects 1.2 million members from more than 200 countries and geographical areas. Their work impacts lives at both the local and international levels.