The Octava Foundation Study Grant was established to support financially disadvantaged but deserving undergraduates pursuing full-time undergraduate degrees at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme offered by the Institute.
- Are first-year students (for new awards).
- Singapore Citizens.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a household Per Capita Income (PCI) of no more than $1,000.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have completed the ITE-Polytechnic route.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Grant is valued at S$5,000 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Grant shall be used for the recipient’s educational expenses such as tuition fees, course materials, expenses for study trips and fees for other educational activities organised by the Institute.
- Recipients of this Grant may accept another grant concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
- Recipients who have already been awarded the Grant for one year of study may apply to receive and be considered for the Grant in a subsequent year of study, subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility and selection criteria, and meeting the passing grade annually, and with the recommendation of the Institute and the selection by the Selection Committee.
About the Donor
The Study Grant is made possible by a gift from Octava Foundation Limited. The Octava Foundation seeks to provide access to education and opportunities for children and youth from economically disadvantaged families, to enable them to have sustainable livelihoods, achieve their aspirations, and attain self-efficacy.