The 陈冯 (Tan – Foong) Allowance was established to support financially disadvantaged and deserving students pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree at the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT).
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Pursuing a full-time undergraduate degree in either Accountancy, Hospitality Business, Allied Health or Nursing at SIT.
- Singapore Citizens.
- Household Per Capita Income (PCI) less than or equal to S$850.
- Have taken up a Tuition Fee Loan for the payment of subsidised tuition fees.
Tenure and Benefits of the Bursary:
- Each Allowance is valued at S$2,400 and is tenable for one academic year.
- The Allowance will be used to fund the recipient’s education expenses such as tuition fees, overseas immersion programmes, books and computers.
- Recipients of this Allowance may accept other allowances concurrently.
- No bond is required of the recipient.
Application dates & submission instructions can be found here.
About the Donor
This Allowance is made possible by a gift from Ms Chen Linrong, who named the award in honour of her parents. Ms Chen also received financial support during her undergraduate days and wishes to pay it forward to the next generation.